Any other way to install Win 10 Creator's update?

Can I download and install Windows 10 some other way than using the Assisstant thing? It's very slow and I can't download all at one time so I have to continue and who knows it gets corrupt? Trying to update my old Windows 10 home, it's an old version and gpu drivers are not supported on it so I need to get a new update.

Solution
Do what rocky suggested, download the media creation tool and use it to make a USB and then clean install as updating from 10240 to 15063 has proven troublesome in past and clean install is fastest in long term

backup anything on C you want to save
change boot order in BIOS so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer
follow this guide: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-windows-10-clean-install.html

when you reach the screen asking for licence, click "I don't have a key" and win 10 will continue to install and reactivate once finished

On the screen where you choose where to install win 10, if it gives you an error about GPT drives, delete all the partitions on the hdd and press next. If it still gives error, cancel out of...

Windows 10 needs a compatible gpu to be able to upgrade to the creators updaet. Whats the gpu in the pc? You should be able to just install it's graphics drivers and then windows will ask you very soon afterwards if you want to get the creators update.

I find odd the statement that saying "windows 10" even the very first revision would be incompatible with a 1060 6gb cards considering windows 10 was released July 29th, 2015, and the 1060 video card was released on July 19, 2016, a mere year later.

Click the Start Button and type “winver” and hit [enter] you will get a windows looking like this, what is the version displayed on this screen please.
65gUPYP.png

win 10 creator update number is
T3EeQ4V.png

So that's the creators update? I download Windows 10 1703 2 days ago for my 64 bit, it was around 800 MB but there was an installation error something like "this update is not applicable to your computer" so someone told me to download the creator's update first, I didn't know they were the same.
Anyways my Windows is the exact in the first screenie you posted (Win 10 Home 10.0 build 10240).

Colif

Win 11 Master
Do what rocky suggested, download the media creation tool and use it to make a USB and then clean install as updating from 10240 to 15063 has proven troublesome in past and clean install is fastest in long term

backup anything on C you want to save
change boot order in BIOS so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer
follow this guide: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-windows-10-clean-install.html

when you reach the screen asking for licence, click "I don't have a key" and win 10 will continue to install and reactivate once finished

On the screen where you choose where to install win 10, if it gives you an error about GPT drives, delete all the partitions on the hdd and press next. If it still gives error, cancel out of the installer and restart PC and start installer again, it will accept next on that screen this time (some PC just need a restart here)

10 series cards do have problems installing drivers on old versions of win 10, hence his need to update to at least the anniversary edition. Since you can't easily get that version now, CU is best chose.

Solution

I'm trying to install the Creator's Update through the assistant right now, it's slow but I can bear it. Could anything possibly go wrong?
Actually I just don't want to go through the trouble of reinstalling. :/

Colif

Win 11 Master
Problem with upgrade assistant is if it fails, you have to download it all again. What I would do is download media creation tool (the 2nd link on page you get assistant on) and use it to create a USB. Once USB made, puit it in PC, open file explorer (win key +E) and navigate to USB, run setup and it should offer to upgrade PC.

This has worked for others before.
its the same result as assistant but if it fails, you don't have to dl all the files again. Then if you need to clean install, you one step closer.
your version is so old that some of the ways to fix win 10 don't apply as its improbable you could find an iso of 10240 to fix the image file. repair installs also won't work for same reason.

Alright. :) Can I somehow keep data or I need to copy it?

Colif

Win 11 Master
if it updates you won't lose any data. (might help to backup before, just in case, as nothing is guaranteed... it normally works but better safe that sorry)

if you have to clean install, you need to copy everything off C you want to keep, hopefully the update works for you.

^ the info you've been given is spot on , create a USB or ISO from that link.

Then just open it & run the setup.exe file from within windows.

You will be given the option to clean install or keep all data & programs at the start of the process.

Creators is a virtual reinstall of a completely new os so it takes a while.

Very slow, around 250 kbps. :/

Do not download it to a USB stick. Download it to a hard drive.

Very bad, the download could take 2 days at that speed.

I have a 150 mbps and the download takes me about 8 minutes.

What is the same thing that you refer to?

Same thing as using Windows Update Assistant to download..

I've downloaded 3 GB games at this speed in around 3 hours, it just doesn't utilize internet enough or something.

What good will that be?