Not getting 60hz on 60hz monitor

Solution
So you're just trying to set your refresh rate to 60hz because it is at 30hz right now? If that's the case I would go through the settings built onto the monitor and try changing the refresh rate there. There is no reason for a 1080ti or a 4k monitor to not support 60hz.

Also try this to adjust the refresh rate in windows.
"Adjust the Refresh Rate.
1. Close all open programs.
2. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
3. In the Control Panel window, click Appearance and Themes, and then click Display.
4. In the Display Properties window, click the Settings tab.
5. Click Advanced, and then click the Monitor tab.
6. Click the Screen refresh rate drop-down menu under Monitor settings.
7. Select the refresh rate you want from the...

Tilien

Reputable
Dec 3, 2014
edit; changing to DP fixed it
That's odd. the Monitor is set as DP 1.2 and HDMI 2 . Yet im only getting 60hz with the DP ? Doesnt HDMI 2 support 4k@60hz?

Also, if keep using DP 1.2 will i be able to stream netflix at 4k? with all the HDCP 2.2

xTfn02

Reputable
Dec 11, 2015
Whatever your monitor is set to in the nvidia settings and monitor settings will always be displayed. Streaming videos however depends on what you select in the video app and what's available for that video to be streamed in (resolution wise). The video will always be played at the refresh rate of your monitor.
Hope that helps!

linkeds2

Prominent
Aug 4, 2017
I would double check with your HDMI cable. I'm not sure but apparently there are differences between HDMI 1.4 and 2.0 cables (the 2.0 being able to carry more bandwidth.

Also, whatever GPU you're using. Double check if the port on the GPU is HDMI 2.0.

all the hardware used must be HDMI 2.0 compatible.

Tilien

Reputable
Dec 3, 2014

I'm using GTX 1080TI Aorus Xtreme, i'm assuming all the HDMI are HDMI 2?
Cable is the one provided with the Monitor and the monitor it self is 1.2 DP And HDMI 2 , so it should work at 60hz with the HDMI?
what solutions should i attempt?

xTfn02

Reputable
Dec 11, 2015
So you're just trying to set your refresh rate to 60hz because it is at 30hz right now? If that's the case I would go through the settings built onto the monitor and try changing the refresh rate there. There is no reason for a 1080ti or a 4k monitor to not support 60hz.

Also try this to adjust the refresh rate in windows.
"Adjust the Refresh Rate.
1. Close all open programs.
2. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
3. In the Control Panel window, click Appearance and Themes, and then click Display.
4. In the Display Properties window, click the Settings tab.
5. Click Advanced, and then click the Monitor tab.
6. Click the Screen refresh rate drop-down menu under Monitor settings.
7. Select the refresh rate you want from the available options, and then click Apply.
8. When you are informed that Windows will now adjust the refresh rate, click OK.

If a Refresh Rate warning appears stating that you have specified a custom refresh rate, click Yes.
If the new settings are compatible, the screen will reappear with the new settings.

9. Click Yes if you want to keep the new settings.

If new settings do not work, Windows® will attempt to revert back to the original settings automatically. If the video has become corrupted or an Out of Scan Range error occurs that cannot be automatically corrected, restart the computer. Press during startup, highlight Safe Mode from the Startup Menu, and press to start the computer in Safe Mode. In Safe Mode, change the screen resolution back to the original settings and restart normally.
10. Close all windows and restart the computer when prompted." (Dell.com)

Solution

TRENDING THREADS