Gtx 690 over 90C with 70-100% Fan speed

StefanStgs

Reputable
Feb 17, 2015
I m curious why it reaches these temps, I ve also shoved a fan under it to help the cooling, but doesn t seem to do so.
I ve recently opened it to change the thermal paste with my trusty arctic silver5, but that didn t help also (unless we count the fact that before changing the paste it had over100....
I didn t bother opening the damn thing up because from the little windows I can t see any dust, so I don t think that s the problem either.
Any ideeas?

https://www.arctic.ac/worldwide_en/accelero-twin-turbo-690.html

Possibly something like that if it's compatible.

Either that or get a new graphics card (duh). Or of course downclocking the card.

GTX690 is 2xGTX680 though can't hit the same frequencies likely (I hit 1200MHz on single GTX680 GPU). I can get up to 3x the FPS in games with my GTX1080 + i7-3770K@4.4GHz.

GTX1080Ti is about 4x the performance of a single GTX680, depending on the game and if CPU can keep up.

SCALING for GTX690 varies from roughly 1x to 1.9 but on average closer to 1.5x single GTX680 but sometimes with obvious stuttering as you PROBABLY KNOW ALREADY.

VEGA may also be worthwhile (i.e. VEGA56) depending on real-world prices or it may help drop Nvidia pricing.

StefanStgs

Reputable
Feb 17, 2015
I ve owned a 1070, but I sold it for this 690 for which i paid 100usd, and a curved ultra wide monitor with the rest. If it wasn t so loud and hot, it would ve been a very good investment, but I can t figure out how to do that. Aldo, I know I could shove that accelero on it, but it looks so bad it would smash my clean pc esthetic.