Windows 10, STM32 virtual com port driver is causing issues and I don't see why.

4DC_Resin_Smoker

Honorable
Jun 10, 2012
Connecting to the tricopter via Betaflight is a constant issue.
Zadig driver loaded and still after the F3FC firmware update, I’m unable to load into the Betaflight configuration screen. Be aware that I was able to get it to work once on my wife’s laptop. However recently even this is failing to connect. Not sure what I can do as this issue persists on both computers. Tried reinstalling all drivers but yet dice…
Example
Insert the USB cable to the F3FC board (boot button held), the “STM32 Bootloader” shows in the device manager and lights are shown on F3FC board. A.K.A PC recognizes the new device.
Load in and install the firmware to the F3FC from Betaflight(v3.2.1) “triflight_0.7_Beta2_RCEXPLORERF3.hex” after which the Bootloader drops off and becomes the “STM32 Virtual Com Port”. (Firmware installed successfully)
Past this point Betaflight will not allow me to connect to the virtual device and says “Failed to open serial port”.
Reconnecting the device at any point, Betaflight asked that the board be reflashed.
Attempts to reinstall en.stsw-stm32102.zip / CP210x_Windows_Drivers.zip and use Zadig have had no effect.
Anyone know whats going on here?

Thanks in advance!

Resin