ACER E1-572 Won't Boot Past Acer Logo was getting No Bootable Device message but that stopped and just sits at the ACER logo

Lori_46

Prominent
Aug 10, 2017
Desperate for help! My computer was working fine and changed quickly...slowed down and then restarted. When it restarted it came up with a No Bootable Device message. It come up to a blue screen eventually and says device needs to be repaired and it will restart. When it restarts it stays Preparing Automatic Repair but then stays at the acer logo indefinitely. It will initially show little white dots moving in a circle but never does anything...let it sit for 24+ hours and nothing. I am finding that acer is not a great brand past one-two years. Mine would be coming up on 3 in December. I just desperately want to get into the computer to extract my photos. I do not have experience with computer repair but hope to follow any good directions/support you would be so kind to provide.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Do you know how to use the BIOS? F2 should get you in at start, then choose the Boot tab and see if drive is still showing there

what we need to see is if hardware still sees the hdd, as we not going to get very far if it doesn't. The error you are getting means PC can't see it to boot off it, but we need to figure out if it can see it at all

If you know how to change boot order so you can add USB to boot order, you can try making this on another PC: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/use-ubuntu-live-cd-to-backup-files-from-your-dead-windows-computer/ - this will also help us see if hdd is working

Will also need this - download the Windows 10 media creation tool (its the second button) and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB - just to help with repairs.

Lori_46

Prominent
Aug 10, 2017

Lori_46

Prominent
Aug 10, 2017
Appreciate your advice Colif!! I can use F2 and get to BIOS. HDD still shows up. I will try your suggestion but need to find someone with a PC so I can download your suggestions. Everyone I know uses MACs. Starting to wonder if that should be my next purchase. Just hoping I can get in long enough to extract my photos. I will post how it goes once I can get files onto a USB. Thanks again!!