Asus GTX 1060 DUAL 6GB OC

Coldplayist

Reputable
Jan 12, 2017
Any thoughts of Asus GTX 1060 DUAL 6GB OC vs other brands?

I'm not looking for top of the line GPU for gaming, so I intend to keep it under a reasonable budget.
Do different brands offer significantly quieter GPU rather that this one?

Thanks

i have that card. I love it. Nice colour, great performance at 1080p Ultra/High settings 100+ FPS @ 60hz. androbourne is bang on the money with his assessment. No real difference between different makes of cards. Some have slightly higher base/turbo speeds, which often just translates to a few FPS increase over stock. They are all much the same performance.

Coldplayist

Reputable
Jan 12, 2017

How's the sound? Is it rather quiet?

i can't hear it at all. At full load it never gets above 65c so the fans don't really kick in. It has 3 operations modes. Silent/Gaming/OC only on the OC setting did the fan speed increase, but still it's very low. I can leave my PC on at night in my room, and still sleep. I'm a light sleeper, normally i can't sleep unless it's completely silent. So maybe that illustrates how quiet it is! :)

edit: with that said, my pc has 2 intake fans at front, 1 exhaust at rear and my ambient temps are 17-21 degrees C. Very temperate climate in Ireland :)