My computer keeps on having a black screen after some minutes of startup

Mlund99

Prominent
Aug 11, 2017
Hi. Some weeks ago my computer decided to stop working. I was playing videogames and the screen went brown/ black ish and stopped working. When I restarted my computer, the windows decided to stop working, so I had to reinstall windows. After reinstalling windows and rebooting my computer, the computer starts as usual (I have formated both my HDD and SSD, so my computer is completely clean). However after some minutes, the computer goes black. I have tried installing windows on both the SSD and HDD, but the same issue keeps happening. I usually get to the point where chrome is downloaded, and then the screen turns black. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Hello Mlund99

Can you please confirm what do you have to do to get the computer work normally again? What I mean is, do you have to restart the PC, press any special key, or the display comes back again automatically after a while?

To start with, you can try installing the latest graphics driver that could be available on the vendor's official website. Also, please make sure that after installing Windows, all its latest updates and patches are installed as well.

Since you mentioned the issue starts as soon as you install Google Chrome, can you please avoid installing Chrome and see for how long the PC remains stable.

If the issue persists, you can back up your current BIOS and update it to the latest version to check if the problem is resolved.

Please report back with the results and we'll try to provide you with more accurate solution.

Cheers!! :)

Mlund99

Prominent
Aug 11, 2017
Hi viveknayyar007.

To make the computer start, I have to boot with the USB with windows 10 on it. After the screen goes black and stops working, I have to reinstall windows again to make it work again. I could try downloading the drivers and update windows before downloading chrome, although the last time I tried making the computer work, I got to download chrome and it ran for like 5-10 minutes while I was afk. I suspect that the issue happens when the computer stops working whenever it gets too much work to do, because it crashed just as I was finished downloading discord (on google chrome) and the fans started making more sound. I have a 2 year old tower computer by the way. I will try your suggestions now by the way :)

Cheers!

Mlund99

Prominent
Aug 11, 2017
Update: Just downloaded windows again on the SSD. I was about to type "windows update" in the bottom left corner menu, THEN the screen went black. No idea what to do.

Mlund99

Prominent
Aug 11, 2017
Installed windows on the HDD. Started updating the windows when the computer started. After 40% the PC stopped, so I don't understand what the issue might be...

reactivesam

Prominent
Oct 3, 2017

Hi!
I have the same problem. I changed my graphic card, then my power supply and everything was fine until this weekend... I was working great for 2-3 months...

Do you have an update on this? Im about to change my motherboard-CPU-RAM... im so tired of this haha, thank you!!

-Sam