Need help, 144hz monitor issue

MistaN

Reputable
Nov 19, 2016
I recently got GTX1070 and 144hz free sync monitor. I would like to know that if I turn on vsync and my fps drops below 144 (let's say 110), how many fps will be displayed on the monitor? Will vsync cut it to 60 or 72.

I know I can't use free-sync with nvidia cards.:)

Solution
Vsync will cap at your monitors refresh rate and at other divisible intervals where it can display full frames, so 72fps, 48fps, 36fps, etc. If your game always runs in your monitors freesync range I would not use vsync at all.

Freesync is comparable to g sync, but there are differences. Mainly that freesync monitors have a framerate range of effectiveness depending on the monitor, usually 48fps to the max refresh rate.

jimmyEatWord

Respectable
Mar 10, 2016
vsync is not G snyc , vsync is to adjust the FPS on your graphics board to the refresh rate of your monitor to avoid screen tearing , if your fps drops then perhaps screen tearing might occur , but i'm not sure maybe those who have these stuff can help you better

free-sync must be AMD's variant of Gsync , am i not right ?!?

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
Vsync will cap at your monitors refresh rate and at other divisible intervals where it can display full frames, so 72fps, 48fps, 36fps, etc. If your game always runs in your monitors freesync range I would not use vsync at all.

Freesync is comparable to g sync, but there are differences. Mainly that freesync monitors have a framerate range of effectiveness depending on the monitor, usually 48fps to the max refresh rate.

Solution