Black Screen/Monitor goes to sleep after BIOS splash

madcowz64

Commendable
Jul 7, 2016
So what happens is completely random, this happened once a few weeks ago and didn't happen again until a few days after and then everything was fine for a few weeks and today it happened again. I boot up my PC, it shows the Asus splash and then my monitor goes to sleep. Everything is running, the keyboard and mouse light up but I can't see anything. One restart fixes it and then it's a mystery when it will happen again.

I searched these forums and other forums but the issues described were generally different. I'm not sure if it's my GPU because I don't hear anything like the Windows notification noises and I don't think my lock screen shows up because I've tried blindly typing on my password but nothing seems to happen.

My specs are:

CPU: Intel i7 6700k
GPU:Nvidia GTX 1080
MOBO: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming
RAM: G.skill Ripjaw 3200 16GB
PSU:EVGA 750w gold
SSD: Samsung EVO 250GB
HDD: Hitachi 7200RPM 2TB

It is a little hard to explain I just have no idea what the problem is, like I said a restart fixes it so I don't know if any of the common fixes are doing anything like reinstalling the video drivers, trying to plug the HDMI cable in the MOBO for the iGPU, updating Windows ect. If anyone has any suggestions or if this has happened to anyone any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Solution
If you see your PSU and GPU fan running, then i guess its a motherboard issue. But you can do some troubleshooting.

Try opening up the case and remove all the connections including sata. Then reinstall the connection and try to reboot.

Good Luck.:) Peace.

VJ_Gamer

Commendable
Aug 8, 2017
If you see your PSU and GPU fan running, then i guess its a motherboard issue. But you can do some troubleshooting.

Try opening up the case and remove all the connections including sata. Then reinstall the connection and try to reboot.

Good Luck.:) Peace.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS