Dead Pixels on LCD Monitor after repair! HELP!

Drake Parker

Honorable
Sep 28, 2014
Hi Guys, really need some help, So few months ago my monitor would take 30-40mins to turn on so I researched and found that it might be a blown capacitor. Now my monitor is 9 years old so I went to the service center to get it repair, but then said they'll change the whole powersupply pcb and controller pcb and were asking for a lot. So I got it back and got it repair from a local shop. They found 1 blown cap and replaced it. The one that was in the monitor already was a "Elite ED series 1000uf 25v", and the guy replaced it with Samwha VA series 1000uf 25v", so i got it replaced just 10 days ago. Because I know it's a cheap quality capacitor, but the issue was he didn't have any better ones. All the else were not even branded capacitors. So the issue is before the repair there were no dead pixels, even after the repair there were none. But now after 10 days I took a closer look and I noticed a lot of dead pixels. Do you guys think it might be the cap or it might be something else altogether?

Here's the pic before repair.
rJJ4hM6.jpg

Here's the one today, after 10 days of repair.
Sq67V22.jpg

Both are the same portion of the monitor.

Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks

Drake Parker

Honorable
Sep 28, 2014

The cap in the monitor before was rated at 1000uf 25v 105c, but they used a Samwha 1000uf 25v 130c. Can that max temperature rating fuck up the circuit in any way?

Firecheetah13

Reputable
Apr 2, 2016

That's like asking if you can play 60Hz on a 144Hz monitor. It's fine.

Drake Parker

Honorable
Sep 28, 2014

Ah thanks. I'm fine with the dead pixels it has now, I'm just using it a a secondary monitor, I just don't want them to increase. Don't know if the capacitor replacement caused it or it was just a coincidence.
Because the monitor had 0 dead pixels ever in the last 9 years I used it, but just after 10 days of 1 capacitor replacement it has multiple. So I thought it might be that.