WTB: ABIT KT7 or KT7-RAID motherboard

slhardware

Honorable
Nov 24, 2012
Not sure if anyone still has a 16 year old motherboard, but doesn't hurt to ask.

Please let me know if the capacitors on the motherboard were replaced or not. (This motherboard was one of those plagued by bulging/leaking capacitors.)

Solution
Is it possible to create a virtual machine and copy over the install? The drivers might be hard, but other than that what would be the reason? Old games? Surely I have something that could still play them. Finding specific boards might cost you a lot. Cheapest I just found is $170 on EBay.

slhardware

Honorable
Nov 24, 2012

I'd really like to find an Abit KT7 board since I can be sure it's compatible with all the hardware in that PC and there were also motherboard specific drivers I had installed on the OS.

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
Is it possible to create a virtual machine and copy over the install? The drivers might be hard, but other than that what would be the reason? Old games? Surely I have something that could still play them. Finding specific boards might cost you a lot. Cheapest I just found is $170 on EBay.

Solution

azca

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2006
a7n8x-e deluxe should be compatible with all of your hardware and I have all original drivers for it that you need to install as well.