AMD A12-9700p processor

Jul 2, 2017
I bought a Lenovo IdeaPad 310-15ABR and I was just curious about the fact that it has an AMD A12-9700p APU and I know that means it combines the CPU and GPU on the processor but I wanted to know if that means that it is the graphics card is part of the processor or not and do you think that I could play Overwatch

Reepime

Prominent
Aug 8, 2017
An APU has both CPU Processor Cores and Graphics Cores on the same chip. For this specific chip, there's 4 processor cores and 6 graphics cores. Graphics memory uses the system memory of the computer. So, as long as your 12 GB of system memory isn't being soaked up by other processes and you keep the resolution down, you should be good to play Overwatch with roughly 80 FPS (according to the video GhislainG posted).

Specific details can be found on AMD's website:
http://products.amd.com/en-ca/search/APU/AMD-A-Series-Processors/AMD-A12-Series-APU-for-Laptops/7th-Gen-A12-9700P-APU-with-Radeon%E2%84%A2-R7-Graphics/195

Do keep in mind that because both the CPU and GPU are running off the same chip, it can cause more heat production than normal when watching full screen videos or playing games. So, make sure that your laptop has proper airflow.