How do i use the HDMI port in my 1050ti if my PC doesnt have a slot for it

sportzforlife39

Reputable
Jun 20, 2015
So i am about to buy a HP 8300 Elite along with a Low profile GTX 1050ti. The 1050ti has a hdmi port, but the pc doesnt, how do i use the HDMI port? I would prefer not to cut open a slot, just saying

Solution
All you have to do is put your 1050ti into the PCIe slot and then connect your monitor up to the HDMI jack on the 1050ti itself. Your PC won't have an HDMI slot itself, just the add-on video card will.

That computer is a small form factor right? Make sure the card you buy will physically fit in it. Don't want to order a card and then not be able to close the case! They do make a small form factor 1050 if you think space might be an issue.
D

Deleted member 217926

MERGED QUESTION
Question from sportzforlife39 : "How do i use the HDMI port on my new graphics card"

D

Deleted member 217926

MERGED QUESTION
Question from sportzforlife39 : "How Do I use my GTX 1050ti HDMI port with a HP 8300"

Bo Lee

Reputable
Jun 17, 2015
All you have to do is put your 1050ti into the PCIe slot and then connect your monitor up to the HDMI jack on the 1050ti itself. Your PC won't have an HDMI slot itself, just the add-on video card will.

That computer is a small form factor right? Make sure the card you buy will physically fit in it. Don't want to order a card and then not be able to close the case! They do make a small form factor 1050 if you think space might be an issue.

Solution