Solved

DVI-D To HDMI Adaptor Cable *HELP*

Hey All,
Wondering if a Dual Link DVI-D to HDMI Converter will work? I am trying to convert the Dual Link DVI-D on my GPU (GTX 1050) to HDMI so I can plug my HDMI cable in and use my monitor through HDMI.
I have heard rumors that this might not work??
P.S. I do know that there will be no audio if I use this, I am fine with that as I will not be using the monitor audio.
Thanks in advance guys! :)
15 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about dvi hdmi adaptor cable
  1. Best answer
    kobejennison08 said:
    Wondering if a Dual Link DVI-D to HDMI Converter will work?

    Yes - it should work.
  2. SkyNetRising said:
    kobejennison08 said:
    Wondering if a Dual Link DVI-D to HDMI Converter will work?

    Yes - it should work.


    You wouldn't happen to know the max resolution output of these though would you?
    (1920x1080 is what I run) & would it run any higher than 60Hz?
  3. umm hdmi 1.1 to 1.2 is limited to 60hz while dvi-d i believe can do 144hz? you'll need a high version of hdmi to match the dvi-d
  4. What's the monitor model name?
  5. ComputerGeek21 said:
    umm hdmi 1.1 to 1.2 is limited to 60hz while dvi-d i believe can do 144hz? you'll need a high version of hdmi to match the dvi-d


    Thanks! :)
  6. SkyNetRising said:
    What's the monitor model name?

    It would be; aoc G2460VQ6
  7. i'm tring to find the exact frame rate per version of hdmi for you
  8. ComputerGeek21 said:
    i'm tring to find the exact frame rate per version of hdmi for you


    Ok, Thanks heaps! :)
  9. Your gtx 1050 doesn't have HDMI output ???

    That's a first as far as I know they all do

    In which case I'd ask why you're not just using a standard HDMI cable ??
  10. kobejennison08 said:
    (1920x1080 is what I run) & would it run any higher than 60Hz?

    It's 1920x1080@75Hz monitor. It can't go any higher than that.

    Anyway - it has Display Port input and that also would be suggested connection method.
  11. for your information i'm actually calculating these because the internet is useless so therefore even though its possible for these stats, it might not be compatible.
    HDMI 1.0 -1.2 can do 1080p at 60fps
    HDMI 1.3 and above can do 1080p at 144hz
    for a comparison (DISCLAIMER: this is not possible its just theatetical) if they desired HDMI 2.0 could do 1080p at 280fps
  12. madmatt30 said:
    Your gtx 1050 doesn't have HDMI output ???

    That's a first as far as I know they all do

    In which case I'd ask why you're not just using a standard HDMI cable ??


    Damn. Sorry. I forgot to state that I am using my DP & HDMI outputs on the GPU to power my other 2 monitors. I only have a DVI-D Dual Link output left for my 3rd monitor...
    That's my bad.
  13. ComputerGeek21 said:
    for your information i'm actually calculating these because the internet is useless so therefore even though its possible for these stats, it might not be compatible.
    HDMI 1.0 -1.2 can do 1080p at 60fps
    HDMI 1.3 and above can do 1080p at 144hz
    for a comparison (DISCLAIMER: this is not possible its just theatetical) if they desired HDMI 2.0 could do 1080p at 280fps


    Ok. Thanks heaps for all this. I will make sure to remember this in the future when buying HDMI cables! :)
  14. SkyNetRising said:
    kobejennison08 said:
    (1920x1080 is what I run) & would it run any higher than 60Hz?

    It's 1920x1080@75Hz monitor. It can't go any higher than that.

    Anyway - it has Display Port input and that also would be suggested connection method.


    I am currently using both my HDMI and DP ports to power 2 other monitors... That is why I am trying to get another HDMI/DP output (converted DVI-D DL to HDMI/DP) so that I can power my other monitor so I have 3.
    I guess all I really need to know is if a Dual Link DVI-D to HDMI or Display Port is going to work properly and if there will be quality loss? Also would a displayport converter or HDMI be better in terms of quality/refresh rate?
  15. Dvi to HDMI /dp would be the same quality wise.

    I'd stick with dvi to HDMI because its a cheaper cable & no conversion is necessary.

    Oddly I used dvi to HDMI the other week testing someone else's PC & it carried audio too which was a surprise to me
Ask a new question

Read More

DVI D Graphics Cards Cable HDMI Monitors