I bought a gn246hl monitor and it does not run 144hz (solved)

pikkyyuki

Prominent
Aug 14, 2017
i bought the monitor knowing it does not come with a dvi d dual link cable so i went to buy to just to upset me coming right home and not able to use

Current specs:
Asus z270h motherboard
cpu: i7 7700k
graphic card: Asus gtx 1060 3gb

Solution

The GN246HL doesn't have DisplayPort.

Standard DisplayPort to DVI adapters won't work, you would need a $100 DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI converter.

Get a different Dual-Link DVI cable, likely the one you bought is poor quality or something.

pikkyyuki

Prominent
Aug 14, 2017
im using a dual link dvi d cable to use this monitor and when i click on 144hz and apply it shows an error saying that *please use the dual link dvi d cable given"

No, dont get a dvi-d to display port. Why would you get that? Either get a dvi-d cable or a displayport cable. Hybrid cables are problematic.
Get yourself the Bluerigger DVI-d cable or the AmazonBasic Displayport cable; both are quite cheap.

[Edit: Ok, checked the images again and i mistook the hdmi slot for displayport. Just get the DVI-D cable]

The GN246HL doesn't have DisplayPort.

Standard DisplayPort to DVI adapters won't work, you would need a $100 DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI converter.

Get a different Dual-Link DVI cable, likely the one you bought is poor quality or something.

Solution