Single Pixel Issue

Coldplayist

Reputable
Jan 12, 2017
Hi,

I have a Dell monitor which has one of its pixels blue all the time.
Are there any effective solutions? Would you contact costumer support and demand a replacement?

Thanks

Hardware Brad

Notable
Jul 24, 2017
It sounds like it is stuck. Get a pencil eraser and give it a little pressure on the pixel. If this does not fix it you may be out of luck. There is a good chance Dell will not RMA your monitor for one dead pixel.

A stuck pixel can be corrected by tapping continuously lightly on that spot with your fingers wrapped in a screen cleaning cloth.
I wouldn't bother though as a single stuck pixel is okay rather than backlight bleeding, clouding or crushing blacks. If none of this issue is present with your display, then consider yourself lucky and have fun using it. My display has glow issues and i hate it.

There are numerous dead / bright pixel utilities easily found w/ a Google Search (i.e http://www.jscreenfix.com/). There are also physical methods you can use as noted above, but these have had decreasing effectiveness. But these are not risk free.

As per the above link I gave you, if the monitor is one of the following:

Dell UltraSharp monitors (U, UP, UZ series)
Dell Professional monitors (P series)
Alienware OptX monitors (AW series)

the "bright pixel" warranty applies and you can RMA

For Dell monitors (D Series) you'll need 6 or more bright pixels, 9 or more dead pixels or a combination of bright and dark of 9 or more/. For all other monitors those numbers are 6.6.6

If its an Ultrasharp they will replace it with one bright pixel which it sounds like what the OP has.