Monitor sound delay

Marin Kozakevich

Reputable
Jan 19, 2015
My monitor is an HP w2207h(22"), it's not a normal delay, i don't hear the sound after something happens, allow me to explain.
I click on the sound icon at the bottom right of my screen and adjust the volume, when ever i click on that, it is suppose to make a sound, but when i do it, it takes about 2 to 3 seconds before i can hear the sound(rapid clicking), as if it is set to be off when no sound is going on and comes back on when there is sound to be played, but with a 2 to 3 second delay, once sound is being made, there is no issue, until sound stops for 2 to 3 seconds.....then the issue happens again, i should point out that some times i hear a faint sound before sound fully kicks in, as if its the volume that is being turned down and up automatically, pretty much my experience with this issue, and i know the monitor is the issue because this happens with my xbox(360) as well, i use same monitor, same hdmi cable switching between pc and xbox, i have had this issue in the past but i don't remember how it was fix or where i got the help from, plus i have searched for this issue and have only found the other kind of sound delay where the sound that did not play ends up playing past the point when it suppose to in a video(youtube), i have gone into settings and did factory reset, and have tried looking through settings to find something relating to my issue, but with no luck, so i am here asking for help, thanks in advance.