I have a RX 480 8gb but still lots of lag.

zibagaming

Prominent
Aug 15, 2017
So i got a new PC not even a year ago and it was expensive and i thought it would be great but it runs Player unknowns Battlegrounds at all very low settings at 30 FPS. I have my HDMI cord in the graphics card, I've tried using the software, and I've searched everywhere. YouTube videos show the Rx 480 running 70 fps on just cause 3 with all graphics on very high, while I run on medium settings at 30 fps. I also have the most current version of the radeon software and drivers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
PC Specs

Radeon software version 17.1.1 Crimson ReLive(Current)

Radeon RX 480 Graphics 8gb

8gb of ram

AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core Processor (1279 MHz)

jmckinney28

Reputable
Jun 23, 2016

PUBG is a very cpu intensive game. Your cpu is definitely the limiting factor on your fps. Your best experience without upgrading, would be to leave graphical settings like texture quality on high, and play at a much lower resolution. I doubt even upgrading to the 6300 will bring much of an improvement.

Crikey yeah, my 6600k takes a fair hammering on PUGB so the 4300 will likely be 100% pegged.

PLay a game and use something like afterburner to monitor cpu, gpu usage etc. JC3 is also VERY cpu intensive and will push i7's pretty hard. Time for a nice Ryzen upgrade!?

jmckinney28

Reputable
Jun 23, 2016

I even ended up upgrading my 6600k to 7700k just to improve performance in PUBG and recording purposes, I am now getting a smooth 144+ fps outside of towns.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Yup, PUBG can push my i7-3770k pretty hard, one of, if not *the*, toughest of my games (and I have a lot). It's a very large open world and an FX-4300 is a fairly low-end CPU, I hope you didn't drastically overpay for this rig a year ago, because there's no way even a pre-built PC with a 4300 in it should be expensive.