Has anyone purchased the Radeon RX Vega? It's out of stock everywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jsimenhoff

Community Manager
Editor
Feb 28, 2016
Unless you're willing to spend $900+ on eBay, it seems like no one can get a hold of a new Radeon RX Vega. Amazon didn't even bother to list the cards in their search and Newegg was sold out a few minutes after 6 AM PST, ie a few minutes after the cards went on sale.

Newegg
Best Buy
Fry's
Micro Center

All sold out!

PCPartpicker doesn't even list the price for any RX Vega Cards. What a catastrophe for PC Builders!

I'm wondering if any of you we're able to pick up a Radeon RX Vega? Did you pay the MSRP Price for it? Are you reselling now that it's a sellers market?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Partpicker usually lags a few weeks behind on new hardware. Usually have to show up in a few posted builds before they get added. Not much sense linking to sites that will be constantly out of stock anyway.

nowinstock.net is the simplest way to grab one if you want to try for a retail one. Though even that service can lag behind people just sitting and hitting refresh.

Not going to matter anyway as I just don't see the Vega 64 beating the GTX 1080 partner cards.

The difference is just too large performance wise, a lot of ground to make up.

Just in Fire Strike Graphics score alone mine does almost 24K out of the box and over 25K with a mild OC.

I just don't see it happening....

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
We haven't seen partner cards for Vega yet, the water cooled one is a decent example of what to expect though.

Seems like a per title/bench performance gap. I would say it is on par, now, but drivers might put it ahead eventually. Still not a fan of the power consumption though. Reminds me of my GTX580s.

As usual it is the better choice in terms of non-gaming GPU performance. Just a result of AMD's policy of not soft-crippling their cards.

I was looking at the water cooled one.

So far some of the reviewers are still crippling even the GTX 1080 Partner cards to make VEGA look better than it really is.

Their scores are not even close to what mine are with the partner cards tested, they are down clocking them, either memory and or GPU to cripple the GTX 1080's.

That's really not good.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Certainly all the reviews I watched yesterday used founder's edition 1080, but I think it was a fair comparison to the Vega frontier edition cards, at least.

I didn't see much evidence of deliberately downclocking, just letting both FE cards hit their thermal throttle points. I'm sure my card @ 2100mhz and high temp of 56C will kick the crap out of it, but I did have to spend a bit more to achieve that.

I'll just say a bad card for power consumption, but fine for gaming and non-gaming. I'm sure lots of people with freesync monitors will want them. I'm pretty much stuck with team green forever because of g-sync.

Saw one today that Used the MSI partner GTX 1080... It was down clocked and it was obvious what they did.

Then they went as far as to OC the Vega 64 while leaving the crippled GTX 1080 crippled.

That said my GTX 1080 FTW2 out of the box will kick that Water Cooled Vega 64 around easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.