start menu color

hamoo

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2014
this is the only xp question that comes to mind; must be nice having a 13 year old desktop that still runs like a top. so ... i've searched hi and low, however it eludes me. anyone know how to change the xp start menu color from blinding white (same color of this forum) to something less blinding? i've found how to set windows colors from white, and also windows menus, but the start menu is a different beast
note: this question is answered for 10, but not for xp. is it possible to change the color ? i'm sure it is. i just don't know how.

hmazuji

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2007
Hello hamoo,

We've noticed that the thread you've posted on Tom's Hardware hasn't received any responses. Perhaps it's not clear or explicit enough, how about taking a look at it to see if you can make it better?
============================================

there aren't any answers because 1. xp is abandoned 2. nobody know how to change the start menu colors 3. changing the colors is not a priority, it's only a vanity request / functionality is not affected at all (except that it's blinding white)

Reputable
Aug 20, 2015

A little harsh are we?
after some poking around and experimenting i dont think changing the start menu color is possible.