PC sound cuts out whenever I press a key on my keyboard

torranfdodd

Commendable
Aug 16, 2017
This is so annoying, as no matter what I'm doing - listening to music, or watching a video in the background while playing a game or typing something - the sound on my PC cuts out whenever I press a key on my keyboard.

I have had this problem in the past, but it just went away and came back yesterday - it's driving me insane!

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Ralston18

Titan
More information needed please:

How is your keyboard connected - wireless, Bluetooth?

Likewise how are you listening to music - headphones (wired or wireless), speakers (wired or wireless).

Do the "sound cut-outs" happen even with light keyboard touches?

Go into the audio settings via the small speaker icon (lower right screen corner). Select "Playback devices" and drill down through all of the various windows, tabs, and properties. Lots of settings available; specifically, take a look at the Communications tab.

And use "WIN + I" to go into Windows Settings. Check the Game Bar settings. Maybe something has been set up there.

Then look at the "Ease of Access" settings. Likewise may be some buggy setting that is trying to do something with each key stroke. Especially when the system is multi-tasking as you describe.

torranfdodd

Commendable
Aug 16, 2017

Don't worry, I found out what it was.

For some reason, I don't think the drivers were loaded for my keyboard as, at some point, I must have told my PC to shut down but then cancelled it, but it had already closed down a lot of things, and must have unloaded the drivers or something. I just restarted my PC and it was fixed.

But thanks anyway :D

torranfdodd

Commendable
Aug 16, 2017
For some reason, I don't think the drivers were loaded for my keyboard as, at some point, I must have told my PC to shut down but then cancelled it, but it had already closed down a lot of things, and must have unloaded the drivers or something. I just restarted my PC and it was fixed.