Built new pc, turns on, fans spin, no display.

bencatcraw

Prominent
Aug 16, 2017
My specs:
Asus z270e Mobo
Intel i7 7700k cpu
H100i v2 water cooling
Evga 600w bronze 80+ psu
Evga gtx 1070 atx 3.0 gpu
Corsair vengeance lpx 2400 mhz ram

Everything turns on when I press the power button on my case but nothing shows up on monitor. Also when I turn it on a cpu power led flashes red then turns off and a DRAM_LED turns on and stays solid. Tried all configurations of ram, checked cpu pins, cleared CMOS, still nothing.

bencatcraw

Prominent
Aug 16, 2017
I'm assuming it must be the RAM though because my Mobo has 3 other indicator lights when something is on and none of those 3 are on. One of them is BOOT_LED so I assume the motherboard or cpu must be working fine

First, let's see if we can get integrated graphics running. Take out the GPU. Hook up a video cable from the mobo to the monitor. Keep the PC unplugged from the wall socket and reset the mobo's CMOS. Look in the mobo manual for how to do this. Most likely, just take out the button cell battery for a minute. Now power up - do you get the bios start up screen? If so, you're good to go. Load up windows, drivers, etc. Then, install the GPU. If you can't get to the bios screen, then you may still have a hardware issue.