BenQ XL24LL's Stuck @ 60Hz

DrivenMuffin

Reputable
Aug 18, 2014
Hi I just recently bought two BenQ XL24LL's to use with my BenQ XL2430T which is in the middle of both. I use a displayport cable for the middle monitor (XL240T) and bought two DVI to Displayport Cables for the XL24LL's because they do not have displayport ports on the backs.

Through all this I still get 60Hz on the two new monitors but 144Hz on my older XL2430T.

When checking under Device Manager there are 3 listings:
- ZOWIE XL LCD (Digital)
- ZOWIE XL LCD (Digital)
- ZOWIE XL LCD (Displayport)

When checking under "Driver File Details" the "ZOWIE XL LCD (Digital)" monitors have the same file directory for "monitory.sys" C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\monitor.sys and same file directory for the ".icm" files except they are named differently (since they are different models I suppose) which is located C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\color\XL24LL.icm and C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\color\XL2430.icm

*These are all observations and I am not sure which or if any of these points help*

PC Specifications:
- [CPU]: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz, 3501 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
- [GPU]: Sapphire Radeon R9 390 Nitro 8GB with backplate
- [RAM]: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Hopefully this information is adequate to receive much needed help from you guys here. If you need any more information please feel free to let me know.

Thank you very much for your help.