Messed up laptop storage

dedmiston11

Honorable
Apr 16, 2013
I built a new pc last week to replace my laptop. I decided i wanted to just transfer my ssd from laptop to new pc. It is a Samsung evo 840 or 850, 250 gb. I have done it before with a pc build i was helping with a year ago, so i knew it could be done. As soon as i was taking it out i knew something went wrong. Tried turning on laptop without the ssd and it went to the MSi logo then went to a black screen with an underscore in the top left. Pretty sure this means the storage is messed up, so i tried placing the ssd back in and it just gets stuck on the MSi logo and doesn't move.
For the record i think it is something with windows, I moved it from the ssd to the hdd using cloning with EaseUs.
Mainly i want to know if the hdd is still ok to use, because i have important documents on it for school. So would i be able to plug into my new pc and test both of them or is that risky because it could damage new pc?

Did you remove your battery before trying to take out the SSD? Remove it, and leave the laptop for like 30 minutes so that it takes its time to discharge. Did you try to re-install Windows on the HDD to see if your Laptop was fine?

dedmiston11

Honorable
Apr 16, 2013

I will try that right now.

dedmiston11

Honorable
Apr 16, 2013

I did take the ssd out of laptop. but it should not have the OS on it. I have yet to put it in the new desktop since i saw there was a problem in the laptop after i took out the ssd and decided in best interest not to put it in the new desktop