Cant delete User account Help!!!

4cloud

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2013
Hi i have windows 10 on my laptop and on windows 10 i accidentally created another account which happens to be an administrator i tried everything to remove it:

1) Went to manage your account under family&other people couldnt even see the account.
2)Went to contorl panel>change account type>Administrator but there is no option to delete the account like there is on mine.
3)Win+R>netplwiz>Remove Administrator>The User MSI\Administrator could not be removed.
4) cmd>net user administrator/ active:no.

Nothing worked help please.
i need to delete the administrator account!

Solution
Ok, try one more time: Run CMD with elevated privilege;
Right click "cmd" , Run as administrator; Then type: net user Administrator /active:no

VJ_Gamer

Commendable
Aug 8, 2017
Can you login to that created account? Does your account have an admin privileges? If yes, check the below link:

http://www.intowindows.com/how-to-delete-the-administrator-account-in-windows-10/

Good Luck.:) Peace.

You cannot delete the default administrator account. You can deactivate it. For it to work, first of all logout of the administrator account and login to your account. Then go to Group policy editor by typing: gpedit.msc.
Then computer configuration>windows settings>security settings>local policies>security options>Accounts:Administrator account status
Double click on Accounts:Administrator account status; then change the settings to disabled.

4cloud

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2013

Hi i pressed Win+R>gpedit.msc but it says windows could not find it.
and i went to Manage>Computer Management but couldnt find any local useres and groups folder.

4cloud

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2013

Yes i can login to the account, i created it. Yes to admin privs. I cant see the account under family and others but i can see it on the start button as an actual account.

4cloud

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2013
I can see the account as with the name Administrator on the start bar launcher but i cant seem to find it in: Settings>Accounts>Family&Other People.

Normally if one creates an actual account to access the y should be able to see it and change it however it just doesnt appear and whenever i try to change the privilages of the Admin account on netplwiz and click apply it just goes back to its default.

4cloud

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2013
hi vj gamer i knew my account was privilaged but i double checked by creating another account called random account>went on it>force checked my main account to be privilaged. still no difference.