DirecTV Now Review Roundup: Worth It For Cord-Cutters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dvdre

Reputable
Mar 12, 2015
I have been using DirecTV Now since day one -- was that back in November 2016? -- and while I have had problems here and there, overall I am satisfied. Stuttering playback? Extremely rare. It works very well for live television, which for me is usually CNN. The VOD service is awful, but DTVN has over time expanded access to network apps, so you can watch the shows there -- Comedy Central, FX, ABC, NBC, etc. For live TV, this service works very well. For playback TV, not well. If you have a grandfathered plan -- $35 for 100+ channels plus HBO free for a year -- this service cannot be matched.

mwendell47

Prominent
Aug 28, 2017
Love my Directv Now withnfew exceptions.I understand a DVR is coming and am good with that.I recived an email on 8-8-2017 that ABC has been added to my package but that hasn't happened yet.It wound not bother me if they saod "will be added,not has been.Another deal breaker is that you can only watch on 2 devises at a time while others allow 3 or 4 devises. Hope they change this.

$35 per month starting price. The purpose of cord cutting is to save money. All this does is shift the cost and eat up your data. Once you factor in the discounts for bundling internet and cable.

So far the only online service I find palatable is Netflix. I would pay $7 a month for TCM in a heartbeat if they gave full access to their entire movie library in 1080p and add 4K as they transfer films. I'll only pay for online access if it is commercial free.

Status
Not open for further replies.