Stuck at loading screen after installing second gpu

JamesMegino

Reputable
Feb 6, 2015
I recently had some issues with my gpus, either one was loose or the power cable was, whilst trouble shooting this I was playing with the driver a lot, I decided to start fresh. I removed both my second 970gtx (gigabyte) and removed and put back my first 970gtx (msi).

I got my first gpu running, installed the drivers etc, everything was working fine. ( I discovered my original problem was this gpu not being plugged in correctly) so everything was fine, driver installed etc, running.

I've now installed my second 970 (gigabyte) it originally loaded to a black screen after windows loading (win 10) I used something must have been on the screen as Escape was causeing a beep, I rebooted my pc and now it gets stuck at the windows loading screen with the spinning circle.

I've had this exact setup running before fine, I don't know what's wrong, please help!!

Many thanks

JamesMegino

Reputable
Feb 6, 2015
Edit: removed the second gpu and I still have the same issue, tried resetting cmos, reset boot order to my ssd first, after just getting black screen, same issue persists, stuck at windows loading screen, it appears to load, goes black then starts loading again with not changes