Should I finally upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7?

shadybk

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2015
I built my pc a few months after windows 10 released, I installed it and after a week I did a fresh install of windows 7 and have been using that ever since, are most of the bugs and problems that people had with windows 10 at release fixed, like does it still delete your programs when it updates, does it still update randomly while you are playing games, are there any known bugs/glitches with launchers like steam and battle.net?

I am buying an ssd and am going to reinstall windows just not sure if I should finally upgrade or stick with windows 7 until 2020 when the security updates end?

Solution
Hello Shadybk.... i did the free upgrade from 7 to 10 because i wanted to learn what makes it tick as i was having a custom built pc made , i now use the older rig as a test rig to try things out before i put it on my new games rig. Up to now i have only a couple of complaints , you cant "hide" updates that you don't want , there are 3rd party programs claiming to do this but they don't work because when microsofts update database cant find something on your pc it tries to give it you again....... The creator update will give you some Microsoft programs you don't want and they will be greyed out so you cant delete them.... The only other problem was an anniversary update messed up my sound and just in case it happens to you here is how...
done xp vista 7 and 10 , 10 is the best , the creator program caused a few issues but ok , the only downside of 10 updates is you cant HIDE what you don't want , 3rd party programs pretend to hide but ms updates still know you not got them so try to give them to you ..

Hello Shadybk.... i did the free upgrade from 7 to 10 because i wanted to learn what makes it tick as i was having a custom built pc made , i now use the older rig as a test rig to try things out before i put it on my new games rig. Up to now i have only a couple of complaints , you cant "hide" updates that you don't want , there are 3rd party programs claiming to do this but they don't work because when microsofts update database cant find something on your pc it tries to give it you again....... The creator update will give you some Microsoft programs you don't want and they will be greyed out so you cant delete them.... The only other problem was an anniversary update messed up my sound and just in case it happens to you here is how to fix it.

I had problems with headphones and speakers after the windows aniversarry update so try these steps. 1. Go to device manager/ sounds and mic tabs then right click and uninstall drivers even if they dont have a yellow triangle on them. Windows will reinstall them on restart. 2. In sounds/playback tab right click and disable the realtek digital output. just above the icon when using SPEAKERS you should see a green tick in the speaker icon , right click if missing. When you plug in your headphones the icon will go out and if you scroll down you will see a new one for headphones . when you swap between speakers and phones it takes a few seconds to find new device. 3. check properties tab on both headphones .... green jack highlighted and microphone pink jack.
finally at bottom right corner where the speaker icon is change the tab to realtec high def audio , i have my volume at 50%

Solution