Flickering on 100hz, 120hz & 144hz - ONLY IN GAMES (dual monitors)

waguto

Reputable
Nov 23, 2014
Here's the thing:

I have two monitors: the gaming one is an AOC G2460PF with 144hz and freesync compatibility; and the second, BenQ RL2240HE, only for desktop extension. My GPU is an AMD Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X with updated drivers. Both monitors also have updated drivers (says WIN 10). I also have Naga Chroma mouse running on updated Synapse software. (other specs: i5 4690K; 16GB RAM; 750W EVGA PSU).

I've been having flickering problems running 100hz, 120hz and 144hz ONLY in games, ONLY when the game is over the desktop (not on background) and ONLY when I have the mouse cursor over the game screen.

Can't find any solution to it... have no clue whats going on and the help of experts would be highly appreciated! I have "sensitive" eyes and this is ruining any and all game experience I have... it drives me crazy!

If I set the monitor frequency down to 60hz, the flickering stops (but c'mon, right?!). Tried to turn the BenQ off (not unpluged), still flickering on AOC. I have also tried using a DVI-DVI cable, but had no sucsses, can try another one though, since I had a very bad signal, full of noise. I think about trying a new DP cable also. Outside of that... I got nothing...

Hope you guys can shed some light into this and help me fix it!

Thanks a lot!

Wagner

PSS.: sorry for any english mistakes...