Black screen after windows lock screen

When turning on my PC, it all seems fine, it gets through the motherboard logo, the windows loading screen doesn't have any problems until I end up on the windows lock screen. I press space and before I am able to start typing my password the screen suddenly turns black, but the cursor is still visible. The problem is fixed if I enter the bios when booting and then immidiately exiting it but that's not a practical solution.
Reply to SuperTarifas
2 answers Last reply
More about black screen windows lock screen
  1. SuperTarifas said:
    When turning on my PC, it all seems fine, it gets through the motherboard logo, the windows loading screen doesn't have any problems until I end up on the windows lock screen. I press space and before I am able to start typing my password the screen suddenly turns black, but the cursor is still visible. The problem is fixed if I enter the bios when booting and then immidiately exiting it but that's not a practical solution.

Do you have a laptop or a desktop? Windows 10? Did you recently install or remove any hardware or software? I think Windows may think you have two screens. Which display does your BIOS have for first boot? Integrated or PCIe might be a couple choices. Make sure you disable whichever one you aren't using.

You may want to right click your desktop and click on Display settings. I might change something and click OK and then go back to that screen, via your desktop and change it back to my preferred setting.
    Reply to aquielisunari
  2. I am using windows 8.1 on a desktop. I upgraded my GPU a few months ago to a 1050ti. It is important to note that my monitor is very old and only accepts VGA input so I am using an adapter cable that has an HDMI end plugged into the GPU and a VGA end plugged into the monitor.
    Reply to SuperTarifas
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

Windows Boot Motherboards