Dual Monitors for Dell Optiplex 7050 - Can I use an HDMI cable for one and a Display Port to VGA cable adapter for the other?

scr08c

Prominent
Aug 18, 2017
Hello! Any help is extremely appreciated.

Windows 10 Pro
Processor: Intel Core i5-7500 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.41 GFz
RAM: 8.00 GB
System: 64-bit Operating System, x64 based processor
(USB 2.0 Port x2, USB 3.0 x3, 1.2 Display Port x2, native 3 display support, and 1.4 HDMI)
(More specs here via screenshot: http://imgur.com/a/U2L3X)

I just purchased this from Amazon, and will return/hopefully cancel the shipment in time if it isn't what I need: "BelindaDisplayPort Display Port DP Male To VGA Female Cable Adapter Converter Black MALE to FEMALE for DisplayPort Enabled Desktops to Connect to VGA Displays for PC"

You can see the product here: amazon.com/gp/product/B0156XZQMM/

Thank you so much in advance. If you need more specs please let me know.

Solution
the adapter you chose will work fine for your use.

i doubt you'll be adding a separate gpu, then an active adapter is not needed. go with what you ordered knowing it'll do the job fine :)

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
can't open the link but i would be sure you have an "active" adapter purchased. a passive one will work for your pc as is now but if you add a new gpu down the line it will not work with a passive adapter and will need an active one.

may as well save the trouble and get an active adapter now

scr08c

Prominent
Aug 18, 2017

It is for my work computer and they aren't very tech savy here, they usually just replace the computers as needed/if they're old so I fon't
The link to the images, I'm assuming, correct, not Amazon?

Here are the pictures showing specs. Sorry they are a bit large.
AF9KF2B.png

neVN6SO.png