Sli won't work in games but kontrollpanel shows 2 gpus and sli is enabled.

TheRealGP

Prominent
Jun 21, 2017
Ok so i start my pc today i see my overwatch is really badly lagging (to my standards) i used to have 144fps(capped) no downfalls only in like the start or in a heavy attack. Then i start it up today and what do i know 100fps max sometimes and when i start rainbow six siege once again only about 70fps and it only recognises 1 gpu i have had issues with my computer for awhile but seriously my games are starting to lag to. i have sli enabled in nvidia controllpanel and i have a sli bridge if you know the answer to the other questions feel free to answer or try to help me out.

Specs
2x980 msi gaming 4g
i7 4790k
16gb of ram
3tb hdd and 250ssd (only gta and windows)
and a msi z9 something motherboard

Previous issues
My videos on my pc are lagging if in fullscreen out of fullscreen it's fine.
if i play under 100fps everything looks laggy and my games stutter intensivly
And youtube and some other sites louds really slowly byt the videos load in a a flash.

Solution

Hi from the United States. I'll probably be racing some of your fellow countrymen tonight in DiRT Rally on the PS4 when we open up a global room :).

Okay if it's in bold text that means it is selected in the control panel for SLI for the game executable. Unfortunately I don't have either of your games to see what the options are. Have you updated to the latest Nvidia drivers? Try wiping out all drivers with a utility like CCCleaner to clear everything out of the Windows...
Go into the Nvidia control panel and look at those game's settings (assuming you have their .exe file assigned in there) to make sure every game is enabled for SLI:

Click "Manage 3D Settings"
Click "Programs" tab

Option #1 drop down is where all your games should be that are assigned as programs. If you don't have any assigned, add the .exe start executable file for each. Scroll down under each game to where it says SLI rendering mode and make sure "Nvidia Recommended (SLI)" is selected.

About the only thing I know of that can change that setting is updating drivers.

TheRealGP

Prominent
Jun 21, 2017

I can only see an option like Sli- reproducing mode since i live in sweden i only have it in swedish so that's the best i can do in translation but that setting is in nvidia recommended (SLI) in bold text. but when i look in settings on my rainbow six siege it only says i have 4gb vram and only one 980 shows up and i updated windows "i" it automatically updated and then for some reason this happened

Hi from the United States. I'll probably be racing some of your fellow countrymen tonight in DiRT Rally on the PS4 when we open up a global room :).

Okay if it's in bold text that means it is selected in the control panel for SLI for the game executable. Unfortunately I don't have either of your games to see what the options are. Have you updated to the latest Nvidia drivers? Try wiping out all drivers with a utility like CCCleaner to clear everything out of the Windows registry. Then power down and disable your second GPU (remove the SLI bridge, unplug the power connectors). Then download and install a fresh copy of the latest Nvidia drivers. Then power back down and reconnect the second GPU and see what happens.

Oh and regarding the showing of 4GB VRAM, that's normal for SLI as the two GPU's memory are not combined to 8GB in SLI. Finally, from what I've read, Rainbow Six Siege has terrible SLI issues. For some it works, for others it does not, and for others it works sporadically.

Solution

TheRealGP

Prominent
Jun 21, 2017

I'm 100% sure these won't work but i will factory reset my pc 7 days and good luck on dirt rally.

TheRealGP

Prominent
Jun 21, 2017

BTW i have downloaded the latest version of the graphics drivers andno luckk i guess i have to restart or something.

TheRealGP

Prominent
Jun 21, 2017

should tell you i tested benchmarking on veryhigh and i averaged 160 and at the lowest i got 70 which i never saw in real time but i guess i got 70 at some point. but the isue is still in overwatch and the vram adds up to 8gb in Games as gta 5.