Pink screen of death?

CitrusSponge

Commendable
Aug 1, 2016
So I've had a 750ti for a couple months, it worked fine until today. Whenever I attempt to load up a game that uses the GPU, like Minecraft, Grand Theft Auto, Warframe etc etc... It displays a solid pink screen which doesn't go away and requires a PC reboot. This only happens when I attempt to play games, I can still use my PC if don't play any games.

I've dusted it off, checked all the connectors to make sure that's not the problem and it's not, I've also tried to update the drivers but that didn't solve it, so I'm not sure what else I can do.

Would appreciate some advice, thank you.

unclebun

Honorable
Mar 28, 2014
Pink screens are a video card failure. Sometimes it relates to a driver problem; several years ago it was nVidia driver 296.10 that caused it and you had to go backwards to get it to stop going pink. Sometimes it's an overheating problem. Sometimes its an actual failure of chipset or VRAM.

Seems like it's dying.

First try to uninstall your drivers with DDU and reinstall them then.

See if that works.

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
Well something is happening when the GPU is put under load. I would guess its either an issue with drivers, the GPU is degrading, or the power supply is degrading.

If the GPU is degrading this can likely easily be solved by underclocking or overvolting the gpu core, this can be done in software like msi afterburner. However I am not sure if the 750 ti will allow you to overvolt it very much so undercloking may be your only option.

Do you have an extra power supply on hand? If so power the gpu with it and see if the problem still occurs.

You can also try wiping the drivers with DDU then do a clean install of the drivers.