Blue devil pour and go head gasket sealer

junedisney06

Prominent
Aug 19, 2017
My 2000 Cadillac DeVille is overheating. It isn't the water pump or the pulley . Is it safe to use the gasket sealer since the lines are so small. Or is it going to clog up the lines and cause overheating issues?

Solution
you have a northstar 4.6L v8 DOHC engine. Don't add head gasket sealer unless you know for sure the head hasket is leaking, is there oil in the water, or water in the oil?

and that motor I would not add it all. water pumps leak, but still pump, have you look at the thermostat to see if it's locked in the closed position? has it already blown and leaked coolant all over? Northstar engines do not like sealers.

mymutter

Honorable
Dec 23, 2014
you have a northstar 4.6L v8 DOHC engine. Don't add head gasket sealer unless you know for sure the head hasket is leaking, is there oil in the water, or water in the oil?

and that motor I would not add it all. water pumps leak, but still pump, have you look at the thermostat to see if it's locked in the closed position? has it already blown and leaked coolant all over? Northstar engines do not like sealers.

Solution