Do portable usb-powered monitor's need ventilation?

Elf_Knight

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013
Hi people!

I need advice for a portable PC build I am doing. Basically I am going to make a thin wooden computer case for a low powered mini-itx build which will be charged by a pico-psu. I will not use a graphics card but I will only use Intel HD 530 graphics from an i7 7700 (non overclocked), 16gb of ram, and one 525gb Crucial SSD for storage.

The cpu cooler will be an extremely low profile one strong enough for the i7 and I may have a couple small 80mm fans for exhaust. Basically this will be built in either a briefcase or wooden box. For my display I am gonna get either an 18 inch monitor or simply get a portable usb-powered monitor that is 15 inches in screen size. My question is that if I use velcro or glue to secure the monitor to the inside of the briefcase's (or box's) lid, would that cause the monitor to overheat?

Keep in mind this is a simple usb-powered monitor with 720p display and no HDMI or VGA. It is very thin and light with no large plastic bezels. This would be perfect for my build since I want the screen to fold up like a laptop. Is this feasible or is it a bad idea? I watched a video on YouTube where Linus Tech Tips and another youtuber used some kind of really strong duct tape to attach two portable monitors to a laptop for a triple screen display. Would duck tape be a better solution?

I had thought of using velcro because it would then be removeable if I needed to replace or repair the screen. Any thoughts on this build process? I am not having a graphics card or anything so the PSU will be a 150 watt laptop charger off of a pico psu I have laying around. Or I may save up and get a 330 watt laptop charger from ebay in case I add a graphics card later. Would my project work out in the end?