Pink and Blue vertical lines coming through screen

TurtleEater0

Reputable
Dec 28, 2015
I have used this monitor and recently one pink vertical line appeared on my monitor. It comes and goes, but is very annoying. I know it's not the cable, I've used it on my PS4 HDMI cable, tried it on another cable and it worked. And I purchaced a brand new Mini displayport to HDMi cable for my macbook and it still has the lines. However, if I switch between the two HDMI ports 2 times they go away? Very confusing and annoying. Any ideas?

Solution
Usually bright lines on an LCD are from the LCD's pixel ribbon starting to come loose from the panel. It's the internal cable between the port and the panel itself, which on the panel end appears to be simply taped on but each pad is actually attached with conductive glue. While this modern manufacturing practice may be really fast and easy for them, there have been innumerable recalls and warranty problems from LCD screens and camera CCDs attached this way.

Note there are many inexpensive repair tools sold for this problem, usually consisting of a broad T-tip head soldering iron and a silicone mat, which are used to hopefully melt the glue back on without first melting the plastic ribbon cable. Yes this repair is as iffy as it sounds.
Usually bright lines on an LCD are from the LCD's pixel ribbon starting to come loose from the panel. It's the internal cable between the port and the panel itself, which on the panel end appears to be simply taped on but each pad is actually attached with conductive glue. While this modern manufacturing practice may be really fast and easy for them, there have been innumerable recalls and warranty problems from LCD screens and camera CCDs attached this way.

Note there are many inexpensive repair tools sold for this problem, usually consisting of a broad T-tip head soldering iron and a silicone mat, which are used to hopefully melt the glue back on without first melting the plastic ribbon cable. Yes this repair is as iffy as it sounds.

Solution

TurtleEater0

Reputable
Dec 28, 2015

Sounds like I'm going to have to deal with it then haha. It was a backup monitor anyway.