error while updating making it reboot over and over

Facelessfrik

Commendable
May 20, 2016
So my father forced shutdown his computer during an update, and now, it boots to the update page where it already is at 30% and after some secnds gives an error saying it couldn't update and it has to restart i tried to go into safe mode, with and without network still nothing[video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8p3W7rb3bbk&feature=youtu.be&ab_channel=Gon%C3%A7aloAlmeida"][/video] it has the same error only saying it couldnt update in safe mode.

Solution
boot into safe mode. turn off windows update services.
go into this folder
The temporary update files are stored at C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download and that folder can be renamed and deleted to prompt Windows to recreate a folder. Note that any uninstalled updates that were previously downloaded will need to be downloaded again before they can be installed.
delete the softwaredistribution folder. the will delete all updates. (damaged one that his windows is trying to use. on reboot it should post into windows or redownload the missing updates and finish.

Ralston18

Titan
My thought is that your father's forced shutdown corrupted the OS.

Do you have a Windows 10 Recovery disc or flash drive?

If so, you may be able to get the system back to normal.

If not you probably will have to start over with a clean install.

boot into safe mode. turn off windows update services.
go into this folder
The temporary update files are stored at C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download and that folder can be renamed and deleted to prompt Windows to recreate a folder. Note that any uninstalled updates that were previously downloaded will need to be downloaded again before they can be installed.
delete the softwaredistribution folder. the will delete all updates. (damaged one that his windows is trying to use. on reboot it should post into windows or redownload the missing updates and finish.

Solution