Aug 19, 2017
I recently built a new computer with the following Spec
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-AB-350M-DS2
Cpu: AMD Ryzen 5 1500x (OCed to 3.8)
Ram: Corsair 2x4Gb 2666mhz
GPU: Asus Gtx 1060 6gb
PSU: AVF 650W
Not using SSD
So is the performance Im getting on GTA V all setting on highest possible normal? or below supposed standard?

well u can't maxed out settings with GTX 1060 and hope for stable 60fps all the time (the max i mean here = ultra + all the bling-bling effects)
it's the 1070's job

with 1060, u can get high@60fps, but not maxed

u can see at ur pic there that the GPU usage already reach it's limit (using 90% when the CPU only on 50-60%), meaning this is most likely a GPU bottleneck

ricco_930706

Prominent
Aug 19, 2017

I would want to agree to this and just leave it be, but I see people using a Ryzen 1400 OCed to 3.9 ghz paired with gtx 1060 running ultra with constant 70 fps.
Which is the reason Im thinking my pc isn't performing fully

ultra but they might didn't use any heavy effect such as the 16x AA, MSAA, or other things like that (thought this might also apply in your case though,i can't really say since u mentioned that u maxed them out)
your CPU didn't perform fully, but it seems that your GPU already reach it's limit :l (again, based on the pic u showed there)

ricco_930706

Prominent
Aug 19, 2017

Probably so, here's another problem, I got same Fps before and after i OC to 3.8 ghz,

If your graphics card is running at 99% load, then that means that is what's limiting performance on your system in that game, not the CPU. So, raising the CPU speed may not make any difference, since it's apparently not limiting your frame rates to begin with. The overclock could reduce potential stutters though.

If you want to increase frame rates in that game, you'll need to adjust things that depend more on the graphics card for their performance, which should apply to most of the graphics settings in the game. Turn down some of the more demanding graphics options, and your frame rates should go up.

ricco_930706

Prominent
Aug 19, 2017

Will do, thanks

OCing the CPU is not the solution here mate, you CPU didn't struggle at all
it's your GPU that's holding u back...
can't keep all the bling-bling with that GPU on 1080p and expect to get 60+ fps, if u want to max em all out u gonna need the 1070