PC freeze after a while when 2 monitors with different resolutions

avaxcina

Honorable
Jun 22, 2013
Hello guys,
i started having issues when i connected my second monitor. The primary and secondary monitors are both quite old (samsung syncmaster 940BW and syncmaster 2032MW) and with different resolutions (1680x1050 and 1440x900). The primary monitor is pluged in my video card DVI D port (nvidia gtx 760) and the secondary is in DVI D too but on graphic card thats integrated with i7 4770. Just for heads up, im using win10 64bit. After a couple of hours of work, the whole pc freezes and i must go with manual reset button. My thoughts were, that the intergrated GPU driver is outdated so i wanted to update. And when i downloaded it via intels site, it says that i dont meet the minimum requirements. So, it may be because the integrated GPU is disabled in bios.
Does anyone know whats the matter and how to deal with that?
Thanks in advance.
Best regards

Solution
Go here: https://www.geforce.com/drivers

Under Manual Driver Search, select the following options:

Geforce
Geforce 700 Series
Geforce GTX 760
{your operating system}
{your language}
Recommended/Certified

Click the Start Search button.
Under the Results, click the link to the first one listed and it should start the download of the latest drivers available. Then install them.

-Wolf sends

Lakken

Notable
May 4, 2017
it is you that have disabled the GPU? if yes, activate it again. See if it helps.
Have you changed anything else in bios?

I use Advanced SystemCare from IObit, its free and check all hw on the pc and finds new drivers etc...

Wolfshadw

Titan
I've been running a combination of 1920x1080 (projector) and 1280x720 (HDTV) on my HTPC for years without issue. It uses a Radeon HD 4670 and both displays are connected to it.

Having a need for a second display on my main PC, I've been running 1920x1080 (primary) and 1600x900 (secondary) for months. It uses a Geforce 8800GTS-640 and both displays are connected to it.

Both PCs are on 24/7. I only turn the displays off and I've never run into any issues with crashes.

If you're second display is using the DVI of your CPUs graphics (connected to the motherboard and not the graphics card) and it works for any time at all, then your on-board graphics are not disabled in BIOS.

I would recommend connecting both displays to your graphics card and run that way.

-Wolf sends

avaxcina

Honorable
Jun 22, 2013

Hm, i dont remember disabling it...and im not even sure how to enable it in BIOS. :D
I used Driver Booster. You think both the integrated and separated gpu can operate parallel?

avaxcina

Honorable
Jun 22, 2013

Yup. I understan that. Thanks. I just checked, both displays are connected to the separated gpu, and both are connected via DVI. Maybe its my gpu driver? Maybe its outdated...and thats making problems.

Wolfshadw

Titan
Go here: https://www.geforce.com/drivers

Under Manual Driver Search, select the following options:

Geforce
Geforce 700 Series
Geforce GTX 760
{your operating system}
{your language}
Recommended/Certified

Click the Start Search button.
Under the Results, click the link to the first one listed and it should start the download of the latest drivers available. Then install them.

-Wolf sends

Solution