Ideal Monitor Set Up For Gaming Question

09subie

Commendable
May 31, 2017
Hey Guys,

I wanted to make this post to see how everyone else has their monitors set up for gaming. Below is my current situation:

I have two monitors both G-SYNC one is 4K 60hz and the other is 1440p 144hz. I've noticed on both that when I play games I get screen tearing/stuttering. (usually my fps is hitting the refresh rate or higher). One way to fix this is turning on V-SYNC or FAST SYNC. The only downside is that they both seem to add some input delay. Playing Overwatch with V-SYNC and then turning it off is night and day (at least for me in terms of response time).

I was doing some more research and learned that G-SYNC is only active from 30 FPS- the monitors refresh rate. So since i'm usually above or at the refresh rate that means i'm not in the G-SYNC "Window. Should I manually cap the frame rate lower than the refresh rate so G-SYNC is always active? If so how much below the refresh rate are you guys capping? For example what should I cap my 4K monitor to and my 1440P?

I just want to see how everyone else is running and which route I should take. My goal is to have no screen tearing/stuttering with no additional input lag.

thanks

TRENDING THREADS