[Win 10] Set password on Comp, Put comp in sleep mode to test password, Computer isn't responding

Aug 23, 2017
The Title says most of it: Set a password for my Windows 10 User so no one could access my computer but myself, I put it in sleep mode to test the password, but when I attempted to wake it up a minute later my computer doesn't respond.

I pressed and held the power button to try to restart it and nothing happened. Turned it off and on manually, unplugged and replugged and there is still no sign of life. It isn't a power issue because my monitor is still powered and its connected to the same power bar.

What happened to it and what can I do to get my PC up and running again?

(Sorry I don't have specs but its not a toaster, about a year old)

These 2 things have nothing to do with each other. NOTHING that you can do in windows will prevent the motherboard from showing any signs of life.

AT OP:
Can you please list all system specs, and is this a new build or one that has been working for quite some time.
I assume that from your post that from a completely power off state (power plug removed for 15 seconds and then replugged in) that you cant get the PC to power on at all?

TRENDING THREADS