New PC won't display on my TV

harrisonwinterberg

Prominent
Aug 23, 2017
So I just purchased a $250 PC off eBay, the seller had a good rating and was very quick to awnser my questions. I got the PC yesterday and started it up and plugged the HDMI into my TV, but it gets no signal, my TV is a insignia, 24 inch, 1080p TV. I tried on a couple different TVs in my home but the same result. The PC starts, he fans spin, lights come on etc, but I haven't been able to get anything on screen. Yes I have the HDMI in the graphics card. The PC was factory reset before it was shipped and has windows 10. I've seen that it may be the card isn't able to connect to the TV due to output settings, but I don't have a monitor to try on. Another odd thing I notice is that when I plug a mouse into the USB the tracking light will only stay on for a split second then turn off. Anyways im wondering if anyone knows what the problem is or what part is broken, I contacted the seller and he said that he would let me return it if needed so no need to worry about being scammed, thank you for your help.

Try borrowing a monitor and, if working, installing Windows and the graphics card and then you should be able to use the tv.
If graphics on board present and warranty not voiding, you can try removing the card and testing with the ports on the motherboard.
But I suggest firstly testing a monitor.