Please help the noob

cuz117

Prominent
Aug 23, 2017
Hey mate, so I'm completely new to this but after much research and slowly buying each part, I've finally assembled my first gaming PC. Only problem is I can't tell if I've done it correctly because my monitor (BenQ zowie RL2455) is saying "no signal detected". I've plugged the hdmi cord into the motherboard and into the GPU. I can't tell if it's a PC assembly issue or just my monitor? When I turn the pc on, everything seems to boot up, all the fans and lights do their thing but then after say 5-10 seconds the GPU fans stop (it's a GeForce GTX 1050 Ti OC 4gb). Is that just a power saving/sleep mode or is it an indicator that I haven't installed it correctly? Someone please help because I'm so excited to try out my first PC

Solution
Hi i had the same problem i have the same exact card too it turns out that my pc was trying to run a resolution that wasent supported by the moniter try usibg your tv or another divice to see if kt worls and you can change the res for you moniter
Hi i had the same problem i have the same exact card too it turns out that my pc was trying to run a resolution that wasent supported by the moniter try usibg your tv or another divice to see if kt worls and you can change the res for you moniter

Solution

askinatr

Prominent
Aug 18, 2017
If you have the windforce card, it will shut off it`s fans when under low temps. As for your monitor, did you plug a cable from the gpu to the monitor? i assume you did, but just to be sure.

cuz117

Prominent
Aug 23, 2017
Alright, thanks! I'll check it on the tv tonight after work. And yeah I ran an hdmi to the motherboard at first, and then monitor to the GPU, but neither worked. And I ran the cord with the blue plug with the two screws (sorry don't know the name aha) from the monitor to the motherboard as that's the only plug that matched