Library location keeps changing?

Nick Black

Honorable
May 19, 2014
I have the windows 10 creators update and basically upto date. I always change my library folders when I clean install windows and hav had no issues upto now.but suddenly, they keep changing to a temp location which goes c/users/temp.desktopxxx/

No matter how many timws ive tried it keeps happening. Its annoying cuz none of my game save data is being stored and if theres any wallpaper i apply and they are in my libraries it changes every time i reboot. The library location ive actually changed to still has the files though.

Solution
Hello Nick Black

Looks like it's the temporary user profile that is being automatically applied upon computer reboot.

If you are using a local account, can you please try the following:

> Create a new local account.

> Make the account an Administrator.

> Log on to the new account.

> Make change to the Library as requied.

> Reboot the computer and see if the issue is resolved.

In case a Microsoft account is used to sign-in, please try signing in to a different Microsoft account and see if the other account has the same issue. If not, your current account is culprit. To resolve this:

> Switch to the local account.

> Switch back to the same Microsoft account.

> Make the required changes to the Library.

> Reboot the computer and...
Hello Nick Black

Looks like it's the temporary user profile that is being automatically applied upon computer reboot.

If you are using a local account, can you please try the following:

> Create a new local account.

> Make the account an Administrator.

> Log on to the new account.

> Make change to the Library as requied.

> Reboot the computer and see if the issue is resolved.

In case a Microsoft account is used to sign-in, please try signing in to a different Microsoft account and see if the other account has the same issue. If not, your current account is culprit. To resolve this:

> Switch to the local account.

> Switch back to the same Microsoft account.

> Make the required changes to the Library.

> Reboot the computer and see if the issue is fixed.

Feel free to report back if further assistance is needed.

Cheers!1 :)

Solution