Blue Screen WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

sylios

Prominent
Aug 24, 2017
Im having an error on my computer where my screen goes blue with some text saying it will collect data and restart for me. The error is WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR. Anyone help getting this fixed would be great!

Solution
this is advice I got

I would have them wipe and do a clean install of windows 10. Then have them go to the intel download site and have them update drivers https://downloadcenter.intel.com/

cpu came out sept 2013, dell bios came out 11/26/2013
dell does not tend to update the BIOS very quickly when intel released microcode patches for the CPU.
Microsoft loads a microcode patch for intel cpu as Mcupdate_genuineintel.dll

it could be that the voltage to some pin on the CPU is incorrect or the cpu is overheated.
google GCACHEL2_ERR_ERR

BugCheck 124, {0, ffffd60bfab1e028, be200000, b110a}
!errrec ffffd60bfab1e028
Error Type : Cache error
Operation : Generic
Error : GCACHEL2_ERR_ERR (Proc 6 Bank 17)
Status ...

Colif

Win 11 Master
Can you follow option one here
and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c windows/minidump
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a cloud server and share the link here and someone with right software to read them will help you fix it :)

remove any overclocks, remove any overclocking software.

sylios

Prominent
Aug 24, 2017

Hey so it took some time but I got this mini dump hope this helps https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B82wOhRQHDr1ZnNqRm1oZklFclU

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump file through the debugger and got the following information: https://pastebin.com/iyBwYLZZ

File: 082517-12359-01.dmp (Fri Aug 25 04:18:22 2017)
BugCheck: [WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)] {0, ffffd60bfab1e028, be200000, b110a}
Probably caused by: GenuineIntel (Process: Wow-64.exe)

Colif, see the top line in the pastebin.

I can't help you with this. Wait for Colif or someone else to reply. Good luck.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Where did you get windows 10 from? MSPCLOCK.sys is often found on systems that aren't running a licensed copy of win 10, thats why I asked.

I can't see any drivers responsible for the crash but if your copy isn't a clean copy of win 10, I may not see anything as some versions you can download will hide drivers. I would recommend a fresh install if this is a licensed copy using a USB made by the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it as it won't include extras.

sylios

Prominent
Aug 24, 2017

Thanks for the help anyway :) I appreciate your time :p

sylios

Prominent
Aug 24, 2017

So a few years ago I had Windows 7 on my computer originally and Windows 10 just come out and they were giving keys away for free. So I thought that would be a good idea so I just upgraded. It wasn't like a website I got it from it was a prompt that popped up when I login into my computer.

How do I go about reinstalling Windows 10 using that link? Do I first uninstall Windows 10 then use that link or should I just click download and it will all just reinstall? Just wont to make sure :p Thanks for your time

Colif

Win 11 Master
Keys or do you mean Microsoft were offering everyone with win 7/8 a free upgrade? As the second thing did actually happen, for a year. It is how I got windows 10. I am having second thoughts about that file that is on your PC, sorry about accusing but had to be sure.

wow64.exe is world of warcraft, you probably knew that.

none of the files on PC are obvious causes of the whea error, its usually only overclocking software that can cause those, and the only one there that seems to tie into CPU activity is your logitech gaming software, I should look at app that came with my G910 as I assume it can track temps, why else would it have a CPU Core temp monitor.

try running Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool on CPU and check it out

WHEA errors are called by the CPU. Doesn't necessary mean its to blame but it started there

sylios

Prominent
Aug 24, 2017

Hey yeah no worries yeah I got it through them offering an upgrade. Anyway I did the Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool Test and my cpu passed everything.
Just wondering what I should do? Should I use the window 10 link u gave me to reinstall windows 10 or uninstall 'Logitech gaming software'?

Colif

Win 11 Master
i might ask someone else to look at the dumps, WHEA errors can be caused by any hardware, he might be able to find another cause. I don't think a fresh install of win 10 would help. After checking on my PC, I have the files we thought were signs of a bad copy, and I am fairly sure I got it direct from Microsoft :)

Colif

Win 11 Master
this is advice I got

I would have them wipe and do a clean install of windows 10. Then have them go to the intel download site and have them update drivers https://downloadcenter.intel.com/

cpu came out sept 2013, dell bios came out 11/26/2013
dell does not tend to update the BIOS very quickly when intel released microcode patches for the CPU.
Microsoft loads a microcode patch for intel cpu as Mcupdate_genuineintel.dll

it could be that the voltage to some pin on the CPU is incorrect or the cpu is overheated.
google GCACHEL2_ERR_ERR

BugCheck 124, {0, ffffd60bfab1e028, be200000, b110a}
!errrec ffffd60bfab1e028
Error Type : Cache error
Operation : Generic
Error : GCACHEL2_ERR_ERR (Proc 6 Bank 17)

6: kd> !sysinfo cpumicrocode
Initial Microcode Version: 00000428:00000000
Cached Microcode Version: 00000428:00000000
Processor Family: 06
Processor Model: 3e
Processor Stepping: 04

machine info:
BIOS Version A11
BIOS Starting Address Segment f000
BIOS Release Date 11/26/2013
Product Name Aurora-R4
Manufacturer Alienware
Product 0FPV4P
Chassis Type Desktop
Processor Version Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4820K CPU @ 3.70GHz
Processor Voltage 80h - 0.0V
External Clock 100MHz
Max Speed 3900MHz
Current Speed 3700MHz

running
libusbK.sys Tue Jul 3 19:59:39 2012
3 old broken windows defenders installs:
MpKsl4433770b MpKsl4433770b.sys Tue May 19 18:50:37 2015

this driver corrupts system memory:
ScpVBus.sys Sun May 5 14:31:26 2013

would also have them reset the bios to defaults. just in case some voltage setting had been modified.
(not sure what settings the dell system would expose to the user)
I would also go into bios and turn off functions that are not required. in particular, turn off the intel speed step.
and see if it has an effect.

http://www.osronline.com/showthread.cfm?link=277373

they show a unfixed error in one of the CPU, it could be something similar.
known bugs in 2011 cpu 4820k
https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/specification-updates/4th-gen-core-i7-lga2011-spec-update.pdf

Solution
gcachel2_err_err = generic cache on level 2 of the CPU cache on core 6.
Meaning an unknown cache action on level 2 contained an error caught by core 6 of the CPU.

We'll usually need multiple dumps for 0x124 to pinpoint possible causes, a sole dump usually won't help.
However, seeing display driver calls merged within the raw stack there is a good possibility the GPU may be faulty.

sylios

Prominent
Aug 24, 2017

Hey so I factory new reset and reinstalled windows 10 downloaded that intel driver updater thing ur friend said to and there is an update available ' Primarily for Intel chipset products, this Intel Chipset Device Software (10.1.1.14) installs the Windows* INK files.' but whenever I try to install it the status for the install comes up as failed.
I have the failed file drop it gave me here: https://puu.sh/xrjAn/952262b886.log not sure when else to do here.

I also tried to retard bios and get rid of all overclocking stuff and when I went into my bios there was no mention of any overclocking at all not sure what to do there.

Colif

Win 11 Master

sylios

Prominent
Aug 24, 2017

So I think I installed that driver didn't get any errors and there's green tick so thats a good sign. Hopefully this has fixed the issue.

Thank you for the continued support over the weeks :)