Help building new PC

Aug 24, 2017
Hey guys, I'm building a new PC, this is my first time going completely from scratch and not just modifying an existing rig, so I have all the pieces except my GPU which I'm ordering next weekend, my CPU has intel HD 630 graphics so I think that's fine for now to setup all the software and drivers and tweak everything, get it ready for when my GPU arrives, so here's my question, I have no operating system and I'm worried about how everything will work when I first boot it up without one before I put windows on it with a CD(yes I know it's better with a thumb drive I don't have any good ones) so how exactly do I start it up and install the OS(windows 10) from CD without frying anything? I7700k, 16gb 2400mhz ram, 1tb hard drive, msi z270 gaming plus motherboard, kraken x62 liquid CPU cooler, 550w 80+ psu, optical drive

Solution
> Assemble the pc. Make sure you check all parts and connections before powering on.
> Power on and get into bios.
> Tweak your bios settings and set up Optical as boot drive.
> Put in your cd in the drive and install windows.

Voila... :)

Watch some videos on youtube if you have any doubts. There are hundreds of videos with step by step guides.
> Assemble the pc. Make sure you check all parts and connections before powering on.
> Power on and get into bios.
> Tweak your bios settings and set up Optical as boot drive.
> Put in your cd in the drive and install windows.

Voila... :)

Watch some videos on youtube if you have any doubts. There are hundreds of videos with step by step guides.

Solution