Laptop to 1080p TV through hdmi (bad quality)

Med Sayed

Commendable
Dec 12, 2016
So i have a dell inspiron 7567 laptop with a nvidia gtx 1050Ti and an i7 7700hq and Im using a 32inch saba LED TV , the ps3 is working fine when I hook it up , but when i hook the laptop i feel like the writing in the screen is kinda bad and even when i play a game i feel some kind of freezing that doesnt happen when i play on laptop screen what can be the problem ?

Solution
As a single output display, the laptop will only display as high as the native resolution of your laptop's screen. You can try setting the TV up through the monitor control panel as a second monitor and see if you have an option to set a custom 1920x1080 resolution through that and set the TV as the primary display (#1).

I'm not sure if it will work in Win10, but it works on my Win7 laptop. Depending on your laptop's drivers and/or the TV itself, there may, or may not, be a "handshake" problem between your graphics chip and the TV preventing this from happening.
As a single output display, the laptop will only display as high as the native resolution of your laptop's screen. You can try setting the TV up through the monitor control panel as a second monitor and see if you have an option to set a custom 1920x1080 resolution through that and set the TV as the primary display (#1).

I'm not sure if it will work in Win10, but it works on my Win7 laptop. Depending on your laptop's drivers and/or the TV itself, there may, or may not, be a "handshake" problem between your graphics chip and the TV preventing this from happening.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS