I can't adjust the volume of my headphones/speakers when they are plugged into the front panel

plap11

Prominent
Aug 25, 2017
When I plug speakers/headphones into my front panel audio port, they are very loud and I cannot adjust the volume. When I use the volume mixer, it doesn't change the volume, but it still mutes at 0, which is weird because you'd think the mixer would also be working. Plugging into the motherboard works but I would prefer to use the front panel instead of the motherboard because of the short cable length. Sound drivers are up to date. The case is an nzxt s340 and the motherboard is an asrock ab350 pro4 if it helps.

Solution
Hello plap11

Can you please confirm since when the trouble began? For instance, did the front panel stop working after you updated Windows, updated audio driver, or changed any hardware device?

If you changed nothing, and the issue was there right from the start, the cables connecting the motherboard with the front panel might be wrongly connected or are faulty.

Also, if you updated the audio drivers recently, rolling back to the previous version might do the trick.

Feel free to report back with the details to allow us to give you a better solution.

Cheers!! :)
Hello plap11

Can you please confirm since when the trouble began? For instance, did the front panel stop working after you updated Windows, updated audio driver, or changed any hardware device?

If you changed nothing, and the issue was there right from the start, the cables connecting the motherboard with the front panel might be wrongly connected or are faulty.

Also, if you updated the audio drivers recently, rolling back to the previous version might do the trick.

Feel free to report back with the details to allow us to give you a better solution.

Cheers!! :)

Solution