Upgrading to GTX 1050 as my Bottleneck?

gera.jgc

Prominent
Aug 25, 2017
So, i have a pretty old PC by now, and i haven't been into buying PC stuff since i was a kid but i did some research about which GPU should i be buying as my "Bottleneck", and its either a GTX 1050 or a RX 560. Now, i have never overclocked a GPU before, mine died just because it was OLD (HD 6870), but i did some research about overclocking now days and it "seems" pretty easy with the MSI AB tool, and since i don't want to over heat my GPU just because i wanted to OC, i choose to buy a GTX 1050 given the fact that it brings low Power Consumption/Temperatures, but there are so many brands & model that its not easy to pick one, i know most of you would say "go for the cheapest one" but in my country a MSI GAMING X 2G cost only 10$ more than a MSI OC 2G, so this isn't about price but more about Compatibility and room for a safer Overclock.

Right now im inclined to buy either a Gigabyte 2G OC/MSI OC 2G or MSI GAMING X 2G/Gigabyte G1 Gaming since these are the most common bench-marked Overclock cards for this GPU model or at least its what i have seen, but the question is, should i go for the safer regular OC 2G models or my PC spec are good enough to bring the GAMING X 2G/G1 Gaming to its limits?

PC Spec:
CPU: Intel Core i5 3570
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8gb Ddr3 1600mh (XMP Profile)
PSU: Extreme Power Plus 550W Cooler Master
Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster P2770HD

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
The i5 3570 can handle more than the GTX 1050 in many applications (bottleneck is totally dependant on what you are actually doing). But the i5 3570 can easily handle a GTX 1060 in many circumstances so there's absolutely no need to worry if any version of a 1050 will be adequate.

If you have the money, i'd sooner try and bump to a GTX 1060. At the very least get a GTX 1050Ti. Or consider AMD GPUs of similar configuration. You have the adequate power supply.