Monitor turns on/off after sleep

menehunes

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2010
This doesn't happen all the time, but sometimes after waking my computer from sleep my monitor will turn on show the Asus logo for less than a second then turn off and repeat the process. Once it starts doing this it doesn't matter if it's connected to the computer or not, as long as it's getting power it will keep doing it. If I unplug the power from the monitor and plug it back in it will keep doing it. I have had it stop doing it by leaving it unplugged overnight though. Besides this, I have had no other problems with this monitor. Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

I had a similar problem.
With dual monitors, one would not wake from sleep.
My solution was to power it off/on and use windows to detect it.
A different monitor worked well.
No solution was ever found.
I suspect that the monitor did not fully implement what sleep directed it to do.
It worked fine on an older graphics card, but not a new gen one.
What I think is going on is that modern graphics cards and motherboards are using sleep states that lower residual power to less than the monitor can detect.
You could try to eliminate some of the more aggressive sleep states in the bios.

menehunes

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2010
I'll try that once I get it to turn back on, has been sitting unplugged for 30mins. But would that still effect it once it's no longer connected to the computer? After it started doing it all that's connected to the monitor is the power cable.

Also this only started happening I think after the most recent big update to Windows 10.

menehunes

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2010
Unfortunately I do not have a restore point for that to see if that would work. Also in the bios I couldn't find anything involving sleep mode, at least I couldn't tell there was, in power management. I use a z170x gaming 7 mobo. Btw I got it to work after leaving it to flicker for a couple minutes while hooked up to my pc. Unfortunately I don't know how to recreate this problem so I can't really test any other solutions out.

menehunes

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2010
So now it seems to happen every time the computer goes to sleep or when I shutdown the computer. I haven't changed anything of note that may be causing this. But the monitor will not do it if I put it in sleep then within a few minutes wake it. So it seems it will only do it if the monitor wasn't in use for an unknown amount of time.
Also the monitor will start working if I let it flicker for a while, like it's warming up or something. And while it flickers all the buttons don't respond to any input.

TRENDING THREADS